An annual quantity of 160,000 tons of rice straw and agricultural waste is converted into 80,000 tons of high-quality compost that is used in organic agriculture, desert reclamation and improvement of soil properties.
The production process is based on shredding agricultural waste before its aerial treatment. e product is marketed either in a mix with bird and animal manures or without additives.
The compost resulting from the aerial treatment of rice straw and agricultural waste has the following advantages.
• Improving natural & chemical soil properties through the following:
- Increasing the rate of retention of irrigation water.
- Decreasing soil PH-value.
- Decreasing soil salinity.
- Preserving plant roots.
• Decreasing or eliminating the usage of chemical fertilizers in organic agriculture.
• Preventing the transfer of nematode & harmful seeds or fungi to newly-cultivated land.
• It contains all the necessary major and minor elements required for plant growth at dierent stages.
• It has a high content of organic materials & elements that are considered as a very important source of fertilizer and last for a long period.
• It improves soil structure.
• It includes antibiotics that resist plant diseases.